The sweet and sour flavours in the dressing make this bimi salad sing with a summery freshness. Overflowing with wonderful textures and colours, this salad turns humble ingredients into a taste sensation that goes with any dish.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 20-25 minutes
Serves 2 people
- 1 medium aubergine/eggplant, cut into large chunks
- 1 small bunch tenderstem broccoli/broccolini
- ½ an orange, peeled and cut into large chunks
- ½ a mango, peeled and cut into large chunks
- Azada Olive Oil & Crushed Lemon for brushing
- Freshly ground sea salt
- ½ small white/red onion, very thinly sliced
- A small bunch of mixed fresh herbs (Thai basil, coriander and Vietnamese mint)
- 2 tablespoons vegan ‘fish’ sauce
- 3 tablespoons Azada Olive Oil & Crushed Lemon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 long red chillies, thinly sliced
- Making the dressing. Gently whisk the vegan ‘fish’ sauce, Azada’s Olive Oil & Crushed Lemon, brown sugar and garlic together in a large bowl then stir in the chillies. Set aside.
- Making the salad. Toss the aubergine/eggplant and broccoli with Azada’s Olive Oil & Crushed Lemon and season.
- Grill the vegetables until golden and cooked through, about 20-25 minutes. Set aside to cool until just warm.
- Add the grilled vegetables, chopped fruit and sliced onion to the bowl of the dressing and gently toss to coat well. Roughly chop a small handful of the fresh herbs and mix through. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and enjoy.
You can substitute the Olive Oil & Crushed Lemon for the Basil and/or Orange Olive Oil.