Traditionally served at the warmest time of year, this light and refreshing soup is a real crowd pleaser. It’s flavour-packed with a nostalgic vibe, and can be enjoyed hot or cold, which is truly a family favourite, all year round.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10-15 minutes
Serves 2-4 people
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil & Crushed Basil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 200g frozen peas
- 300ml vegetable stock
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper, to season
- Mint leaf/basil leaf/scallions, to garnish
- Preparing the soup. Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and fry for 2–3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the frozen peas and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for ten minutes.
- Use a hand blender to liquidise the soup.
- Season, to taste and serve in a warm bowl, garnished with a mint leaf/basil leaf/scallions.
If you fancy your soup to be a little thicker and creamier add 50ml of double/single cream.