This is an extraordinary smoothie. It sounds unlikely, but it really does taste creamy and sweet – not like a tropical fruit punch pineapple but more like a revitalising milkshake with a gentleness of spice. It’s very refreshing on a hot summer’s day, and it’s also great fun to make after exercise. This Vegan Banana & Pineapple Smoothie is a delicious combination of lemon olive oil that tastes like sunshine, juicy pineapple, creamy, thick yoghurt with just a trace of ginger.
Ready in 40 minutes
Serves 2 people (or 4 depending on the glasses)
- 400 grams pineapple, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- Greek yoghurt alternative/coconut milk yoghurt/almond milk yoghurt
- 1¼ inch (3 cm) piece root ginger, peeled
- 1½ teaspoon Azada Olive Oil & Crushed Lemon
- Crushed ice (optional)
- Preparing the smoothie. Blend all the ingredients until smooth with a handful of crushed ice.
- Serve in a tumbler glass and enjoy.
You will also need four short tumbler glasses or two tall highball tumbler glasses to serve.
You can also mix and match your fruit by trying mango, mangosteen or coconut.