This elegant yet easy soup is perfect for both entertaining on those warm summer evenings and as a weeknight quick meal. Slowly sautéing gives this Vichyssoise Light Cold Soup it’s gorgeous flavour and the dairy-free milk adds creaminess. Adding fresh herbs and a drizzle of Azada’s extra virgin olive oil gives this soup a delicious and sophisticated finish.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Serves 2 people
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Azada Extra Virgin Olive Oil + extra
- 300 grams potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 500 ml unsalted vegetable stock
- 500 ml dairy-free milk
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- Fresh chives/parsley to garnish (optional)
- Making the soup. Heat the Azada’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large saucepan and add the bay leaves, leeks, shallots, and potatoes. Season with freshly ground salt and black pepper and cover. Cook gently until the leeks have softened but not browned, stirring occasionally to prevent the vegetables from sticking to the base of the saucepan.
- Add the stock, milk and vinegar, season (if required) and bring to the boil. Simmer for 30 minutes. The soup may look a little curdled but will become smooth when blended.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes. Remove the bay leaves and purée the soup in a food processor until well blended. Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight. Ladle into bowls and drizzle with Azada’s Azada Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a sprinkling of herbs.
If you prefer a silky smooth soup, push it through a fine strainer. You can also substitute the dairy-free milk for dairy-free cream if you want a heavier consistency.