Yes, it’s the time of year to roll out another simple Asian recipe in time for Chinese New Year! This time we have a fresh Asian dressing with a pop of chilli drizzles over grilled vegetables, making for a tasty evening treat ideal as a side or over noodles and bean sprouts. If you are looking for a healthy dish overflowing with wonderful textures and flavours then look no further!
Preparation time 20 minutes (includes boiling the corn)
Cooking time 25 minutes
Serves 6 people
- 2 medium eggplants/aubergine, cut into large chunks
- 2 zucchinis/courgettes, halved lengthways
- 2 corn on the corm, boiled (15 minutes)
- 250 grams firm Brussel sprouts, cut in half through the root
- Azada Olive Oil & Chilli for brushing
- Freshly ground sea salt
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- Mixed fresh herbs (Thai basil, coriander and Vietnamese mint or equivalent)
- ¼ cup vegan fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 long red chillies, thinly sliced
- Making the dressing. Whisk the vegan fish sauce, lime juice, coconut sugar and garlic together in a large bowl then stir in the chillies. Set aside.
- Preparing the vegetables. Toss the eggplant/aubergine, zucchinis/courgettes and corn in a generous spoonful or two of Azada’s Olive Oil & Chilli and season with sea salt.
- Grill all the vegetables on a medium-high heat until golden and cooked through (about 25 minutes). Set aside to cool until just warm.
- Cut the zucchinis/courgettes into chunks and cut the kernels off the corn cobs.
- Add all the vegetables to the dressing and gently toss to coat well. Roughly chop or tear a small handful of the fresh herbs and mix through. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and enjoy.
- If you want a stickier sauce, add 2 teaspoons of honey and remove the sugar.