Slow roasted cherry tomatoes with our Great Taste Awarded thyme olive oil is definitely a favourite topping in our office! It’s sweet, bursting with sunshine and a zingy alternative to the traditional sweet toppings. So when you’ve got extra time why not make this Gluten-free Potato, Parmesan and Spinach Waffle recipe your favourite breakfast, brunch or lunch recipe!
Preparation time 30 minutes
Cooking time 60 minutes
Makes 3-4 waffles
Gluten-free | Vegetarian
- 500 grams cherry tomatoes
- 60 ml Azada Olive Oil & Thyme (for roasting)
- 375 grams pre boiled potatoes, mashed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 150 grams grated cheddar
- 2 tablespoons caramelised onion
- 80 grams cornstarch
- A handful of fresh baby spinach, chopped very finely
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- Azada Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for greasing)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (conventional) or 160°C (fan).
- Preparing the roasted tomatoes. Toss the cherry tomatoes with Azada’s Olive Oil & Thyme and a generous seasoning of freshly ground sea salt and black pepper. Roast for around 60 minutes until tender and bursting with juice.
- Preparing the waffles. Meanwhile, combine all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Season with freshly ground sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Place your waffle iron onto heat and lightly oil it. Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the machine and cook for 5-10 minutes (according to your settings) or until crispy golden. Keep warm and repeat the cooking process with the remaining mixture.
- Serve the waffles with roasted tomatoes.
- This recipe is super versatile and if you don’t fancy potatoes, why not try sweet potatoes or pumpkin and the same applies for the cheese, why not add Parmesan or mozzarella cheese.
- Leftover waffles can be kept in the fridge and can be gently reheated in the oven over a low heat.