If you’re looking for a Mother’s Day brunch recipe then this seriously tasty Mango, Vermicelli and Fresh Herb Salad is the way forward. It’s mouth-watering, colourful, fresh and simply delicious. So what better way than to say “I love you Mum” with a spicy morsel.
Preparation time 20 minutes
Gluten-free | Vegetarian | Vegan
- 100 grams vermicelli noodles
- 1 fresh mango, peeled, sliced into cubes
- 1 large carrot, peeled, julienne
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- A small handful of fresh herbs (use any combination of mint, coriander, basil and spearmint)
- 2 tablespoons toasted flaked coconut + extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons toasted cashew nuts + extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon Azada Olive Oil and Chilli
- 3 tablespoons vegan ‘fish’ sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ the juice of a lime or lemon
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- Preparing the dressing. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir continuously until the caster sugar has dissolved.
- Preparing the noodles. Soak the noodles in a bowl of hot (pre-boiled) water for 10 minutes. Drain well (shake to remove excess water) and add to the dressing.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and gently toss to coat in the dressing. Serve with extra flaked coconut and cashew nuts.
- If you can’t find mango or prefer something less sweet, try using papaya and slice it into thin batons.