It’s getting harder to avoid autumn but at least this cooler climate means it’s time for a hearty soup. This thick, velvety and fragrant herb Spinach, Leek and Potato Soup keep us satisfied! It’s one of our most popular recipes of all time, and with good reason… It keeps our tummies warmer for longer!
Preparation time 15-20 minutes
Serves 4-5 (starter)
Cooking time 1 hour
Gluten-free | Vegetarian | Vegan
- 40 ml Azada Olive Oil & Oregano
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 starchy potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 leek, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.5 litres of vegetable stock
- The zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs of fresh dill, finely chopped
- A generous handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 100 grams spinach, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- 2–3 soft-boiled free-range eggs and extra dill (optional)
Heat Azada’s Olive Oil & Oregano in a large saucepan and add the onion, crushed garlic, mustard, potatoes, leek, and bay leaf. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the stock and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add the juice and zest of the lemon zest and gently simmer for 20–30 minutes. Add the fresh herbs and spinach, and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Season and ladle the soup into bowls and top each bowl with a soft-boiled egg and a sprinkle of freshly torn dill.
If you prefer your soup a little zingy add the juice and zest of 2 lemons.