These delicious chocolate and hazelnut balls are decadent on their own, but they are even better with the intense zing of the blueberries that makes for a yummy surprise for your tastebuds!
Preparation time 20 minutes + 30 minutes resting time
Gluten-free | Vegetarian
- 12-15 blueberries
- 100 grams 70% dark sea salt chocolate or 70% dark chocolate with cranberries and sesame, chopped
- 65 grams ground almonds (for mix)
- 1 ½ tablespoons golden syrup (more or less, to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 40 ml Azada Olive Oil & Lemon
- 80 grams dates
- 35 grams of dried cranberries
- 65 grams of toasted hazelnuts, chopped (for rolling)
Put the dates into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the chocolate, Azada Olive Oil & Lemon, whole hazelnuts, golden syrup, cocoa, vanilla and cranberries and pulse until the mixture is roughly chopped and sticks together. Put in the fridge for ½ hour until the mixture is slightly firmer and easy to roll. Press a small spoonful of mixture into the palm of your hand, place a blueberry inside the chocolate mixture, and press gently to form a ball, keeping the blueberry inside. Roll in chopped nuts and refrigerate until ready to serve.
If blueberries are not available or your favourite berry, why not try using freeze-dried raspberries for that sweet-sour flavour.