This is a great dish to feed any crowd, including children. It’s super colourful and tasty and comes with a cooling and citrusy spearmint sauce which cuts through the sweetness of the skewers.
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 25 minutes (depending on thickness)
Gluten-free | Vegetarian
- 400 grams halloumi, cut into 2cm cubes
- 400 grams pineapple rings, cut into eight
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- Azada Olive Oil & Basil for cooking
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- Lime wedges to serve
Ingredients for the Spearmint Sauce:
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup Azada Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup fresh spearmint leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 8-10 long metal/wooden skewers
Spearmint sauce. Place all ingredients into a food mixer and blend to combine. Stir through the sesame seeds. Halloumi and pineapple skewers. Heat a griddle pan to medium-high heat. Thread the halloumi, pineapple pieces and red onion wedges onto the skewers. Place on the griddle pan and brush with Azada’s Olive Oil & Basil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill the skewers for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden. To serve. Serve skewers with a delicate, sweet flavoured spearmint sauce and lime wedges.
If you’re assembling the skewers in advance, squeeze lemon juice over the pineapple pieces to keep them fresh.